Email Me Your Casework Request

Email me at:

If you require emergency assistance, please call my Texas office directly at 469-304-0382.

Constituent Casework Explained

As Representative of the 3rd District, an important part of my job is to provide constituents with assistance in dealing with federal agencies. If you are experiencing a problem with a federal agency, and live in the 3rd Congressional District of Texas, I can act on your behalf as a facilitator between you and the agency in an effort to resolve the issue.

In instances where you would like my help, this is considered "casework." My staff and I will open a case on your behalf and work to help you with the federal agency. Although my staff cannot override a decision or compel a particular outcome regarding your concern, they will do their best to assist you.

Examples of Federal Casework

My staff and I can help with issues such as:

  • Veterans Affairs (VA)
  • Medicare
  • Social Security
  • IRS
  • Visas
  • Home Foreclosure
  • Overseas adoptions

What Is NOT Considered Federal Casework?

Please be aware that as your Congressman, I take part in the legislative branch of our nation's government. I do NOT have jurisdiction to assist with the following:

  • Agency decisions made with respect to federal law or regulation;
  • Problems with a state or local government agency - you must contact your state or local officials for help regarding these issues (links provided below);
  • Judicial matters;
  • Issues regarding pending litigation in county, state, or federal court; and
  • Private disputes. Examples of these issues are: Child Custody, Divorce, and Criminal Trials or Imprisonment.

How to Open a Case for Assistance with a Federal Agency:

Step 1: Fill out a Congressional Inquiry Form/Privacy Authorization

Please be aware that, in order for me to make inquiries on your behalf, the Privacy Act of 1974 requires you to fill out a Congressional Inquiry Form/Privacy Authorization that grants me permission to contact the agency.  If you are represented by counsel, I am also required to obtain their permission in order to assist you. 

General Privacy Release Form

Immigration Privacy Release Form 

Step 2: Email me at

Please follow this email checklist so we may help you as efficiently as possible:

  • In the subject line of your email, specify what casework issue you need help with.
  • Attach a copy of your completed Congressional Inquiry Form/Privacy Authorization.
  • If you are represented by counsel, attach a copy of their permission so I may assist with your case. 
  • Attach copies of any other records, documents, or materials relevant to your case.
  • Include your written statement outlining the problem you are having and the assistance you require.

*If you do not have access to email, please contact my Plano office at:

1255 West 15th Street, Suite 170
Plano, TX 75075
Phone: 469-304-0382
Fax: 469-304-0392

Helpful Links

State of Texas

Other state and local government links