What are Mobile Office Hours?
I understand that many folks who are in need of assistance with a federal agency may find it difficult to visit my office, whether that difficulty is due to schedules, transportation, or other personal matters. That is why, in an effort to conveniently provide Collin County constituents help, my staff in Plano regularly hosts monthly Mobile Office Hours. These “Mobile Offices” visit different communities across North Texas. Appointments are not necessary, but you will need to bring all relevant documents and fill out a privacy release form before my staff can contact any federal agency. This is due to the Privacy Act of 1974. If you are represented by legal counsel, we will also need their permission to assist with the case. This preparation will allow my staff to help you as expediently as possible!
What is Casework?
My staff and I can help with federal agency issues, such as:
- Veterans Affairs (VA);
- Home foreclosure;
- Social Security; and
- Internal Revenue Service.
In addition, my staff and I can also:
- Help with overseas adoptions;
- Provide information regarding trips to Washington, D.C.;
- Offer application guidance to a U.S. Service Academy;
- Assist with Congressional Youth Advisory Council (CYAC) applications; and
- Process requests to have American flags flown over the U.S. Capitol building.
Please be aware that I am elected to serve in the legislative branch of our nation's federal government. I do not have jurisdiction to assist with the following:
- Agency decisions made in line with federal law or regulation;
- Problems with a state or local government agency – you must contact your state or local officials for help regarding these issues;
- Judicial matters; and
- Private disputes. Examples of these issues are: Child Custody, Divorce, and Criminal Trials or Imprisonment.
Mobile Office Hours 2017 Schedule
The schedule for 2017's Mobile Office Hours for the first two months is set. Please check back for details on additional Mobile Office Hours. If you need immediate assistance with casework, please call my Plano office at 469-304-0382.
Murphy, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Murphy City Hall
205 North Murphy Road
Prosper, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Prosper Municipal Chambers
108 West Broadway
Frisco, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
George A. Purefoy Municipal Center
Frisco Square Blvd.
Melissa, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Melissa City Hall
3411 Barker Ave.
Lucas, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Lucas City Hall
665 Country Club Road
Plano, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Christopher A. Parr Library
6200 Windhaven Pkwy
McKinney, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Collin College Central Park Campus
2200 West University Drive
Wylie, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Wylie Municipal Complex
300 Country Club Road