Email Me Your Casework Request
Email me at: email@example.com
If you require emergency assistance, please call my Texas office directly at 469-304-0382.
Constituent Casework Explained
As Representative of the 3rd District, an important part of my job is to provide constituents with assistance in dealing with federal agencies. If you are experiencing a problem with a federal agency, and live in the 3rd Congressional District of Texas, I can act on your behalf as a facilitator between you and the agency in an effort to resolve the issue.
In instances where you would like my help, this is considered "casework." My staff and I will open a case on your behalf and work to help you with the federal agency. Although my staff cannot override a decision or compel a particular outcome regarding your concern, they will do their best to assist you.
Examples of Federal Casework
My staff and I can help with issues such as:
- Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Social Security
- Home Foreclosure
- Overseas adoptions
What Is NOT Considered Federal Casework?
Please be aware that as your Congressman, I take part in the legislative branch of our nation's government. I do NOT have jurisdiction to assist with the following:
- Agency decisions made with respect to federal law or regulation;
- Problems with a state or local government agency - you must contact your state or local officials for help regarding these issues (links provided below);
- Judicial matters;
- Issues regarding pending litigation in county, state, or federal court; and
- Private disputes. Examples of these issues are: Child Custody, Divorce, and Criminal Trials or Imprisonment.
How to Open a Case for Assistance with a Federal Agency:
Step 1: Fill out a Congressional Inquiry Form/Privacy Authorization
Please be aware that, in order for me to make inquiries on your behalf, the Privacy Act of 1974 requires you to fill out a Congressional Inquiry Form/Privacy Authorization that grants me permission to contact the agency. If you are represented by counsel, I am also required to obtain their permission in order to assist you.
General Privacy Release Form
Immigration Privacy Release Form
Step 2: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow this email checklist so we may help you as efficiently as possible:
- In the subject line of your email, specify what casework issue you need help with.
- Attach a copy of your completed Congressional Inquiry Form/Privacy Authorization.
- If you are represented by counsel, attach a copy of their permission so I may assist with your case.
- Attach copies of any other records, documents, or materials relevant to your case.
- Include your written statement outlining the problem you are having and the assistance you require.
*If you do not have access to email, please contact my Plano office at:
1255 West 15th Street, Suite 170
Plano, TX 75075
State of Texas
Other state and local government links